Who is this programme designed for?
Our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course is suited to those with experience participating in and leading lean six sigma initiatives.
It is designed for those who are ready to expand their capabilities to include the cross-functional, strategic, top-level savings and improvements expected of black belt practitioners.
You can find out whether this is the right option for you by asking us or downloading our course brochure.Download a Brochure Get Upcoming Dates
Why Choose This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Course? (6 Reasons)
What makes our programme stand out from the many other excellent options on the market?
Here are our top 6 standout features:
A Perfectly Balanced Timeframe
Any black belt worth undertaking will require a time commitment. This can often pose a challenge for those ready for black belt, as they may be intensively involved in active projects.
Our programme format of short 3-day instalments over 5 months is designed to provide a focused learning environment, time to process and apply learning, and minimum disruption to your current work commitments.
Tutors for a Transformational Experience
The tutors for this Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course are of the highest calibre.
Not only do they hold internationally respected black belt qualifications; they also bring years of hands-on practitioner experience to every programme.
Their lively, engaging manner and supportive approach to delivering this programme is something we continuously hear about from past participants.
Practical Application for Lasting Knowledge & Confidence
Over the past 3 decades, we have found that the highest knowledge retention occurs when active learning is part of training.
This particular course is known for its combination of both theoretical learning and practical application.
Support & Preparation for International Certification
The ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) is one of the qualifications gained following this course.
ASQ (The American Society for Quality) is one of the world’s leading organisations for championing excellence in process improvement. The CSSBB certification is universally respected.
All Resources Included
Your course cost includes everything you need for training and exam preparation.
Included: 14 days of live virtual training with an expert black belt tutor, supporting course materials (slides, documents, Q&A etc.), SigmaXL software, and 365-day access to official ASQ exam question banks.
Flexible Payment Options
We understand that undertaking a lean six sigma black belt course and certification programme requires a commitment of both time and finances.
When you get in touch, talk to us about the flexible payment options we offer to our black belt students.
More Information about our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Course
There are two main objectives for our black belt programme:
Equip participants with both knowledge and confident skills
The practical nature of this programme ensures the achievement of this objective.
Course participants apply their new knowledge and capabilities to a black belt level project as part of their assessment work.
This work is crucial for truly absorbing the skills gained throughout the course.
Begin preparing participants for the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt exam
Familiarisation with the ASQ CSSBB exam is included in this programme. Students receive a 365-day access to official ASQ exam question banks following training to support and further their exam preparation.
- This course is 14 days in length, delivered over 5 months.
- Each training day runs from 9.30am until 5.00pm, with time for breaks and lunch.
- Training is delivered in short 3 and 2-day modules per month, giving participants time to apply learning and work on their projects between sessions.
We deliver this course in a “live virtual classroom” format. This means that you can join online from wherever you are based.
Real-time delivery mirrors an in-person classroom experience. You will have the ability to interact with your trainer and fellow trainees, asking questions, participating in discussions, and receiving feedback.
Through successfully completing this programme, you will achieve two six sigma black belt certifications:
Professional Development Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
This is achieved through a practical project, completed in the 8 weeks following training.
ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB)
You will sit an online ASQ exam to gain this qualification.
As this is an advanced qualification, there are some prerequisites for those who attend the course.
You must have previous experience with lean six sigma and a good understanding of statistics.
You can learn more about the eligibility requirements in our course brochure or by getting in touch with us directly (see below).
Get Advice from Experts
If you’re considering achieving a lean six sigma black belt certification, get in touch with us for advice on your best option from an experienced, qualified black belt.
You can reach us online, using the “Ask a Question” button here, or call us directly on Dublin 01 861 0700 or Freephone 1800 910 810.Download Brochure Ask a Question
What is Covered?
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Course Content Overview
As this is such an in-depth programme, we have just listed a very brief synopsis of the content covered below.
You can view a complete course content outline, along with the objectives for each module by downloading a PDF copy of our course brochure.Get a Brochure
Module 1: Organisation-wide planning and deployment
- In this introductory module, we cover key structural areas, such as organisation-wide considerations and leadership skills.
Module 2: Organisational Process Management and Measures
- The second module is keenly focused on understanding stakeholders and selecting the right goals and metrics for your process improvement initiatives.
Module 3: Team Management
- In Module 3, we hone in on game-changing people management capabilities, such as team formation, facilitation, training, and handling different group dynamics.
Module 4: Define
- With Module 4, we begin to cover the DMAIC model, though at a black belt standard.
- Voice of the customer (VOC), business case and project charter, and a range of project management and analytical tools play a part here.
Module 5: Measure
- As we move on to Measure, significant attention is given to areas such as data collection, process flow and analysis, measurement systems, in-depth statistics, probability, and process capability.
Module 6: Analyse
- Module 6 covers the natural progression into analysing the data gathered in the Measure phase from a black belt perspective.
- Areas covered here include multivariate tools, hypothesis testing, FMEA, and root cause analysis.
Module 7: Improve
- In Module 7, we focus on how to apply design of experiments (DOE) principles.
- We also explore implementation plans for improvement and how black belts utilise Lean methods, such as Kanban, 5S, cycle-time reduction, and project scope.
Module 8: Control
- Moving on to the Control phase, you will learn how to apply different Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Other focus points in this module include maintaining controls and methods for sustaining improvements.
Module 9: Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Framework and Methodologies
- Our final module in this programme reviews other frameworks and methodologies, such as DMADV, DMADOV, and DFX.
Read a Full Course Outline
As mentioned above, this is simply a high level summary of what we cover during the programme.
We recommend downloading our PDF course brochure for a full outline of the tools, techniques, and skill areas covered.Download Brochure Get Upcoming Dates
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training for Teams
We regularly deliver this course as an in-company programme.
In-company training is particularly effective for businesses seeking to train a team of strategic, high-achieving process improvement experts.
It can also be a key move for beginning to introduce a continuous improvement culture within a company, as black belts are drivers of organisational change and mentor other team members.
How It Works
“In-company” means exclusive training delivery to a team, department, or group of employees within your company.
- When you get in touch by requesting a quote or asking a question, our Director of Training will assess your particular needs and goals.
- We will then create a custom training solution to meet those goals and support your team throughout training.
- You choose dates for delivery that work in harmony with participants’ schedules. Candidates for black belt training are usually in leadership or strategic positions within the company, so this is a particularly useful feature of in-company.
- You can opt for a live virtual or in-person delivery, depending on what suits your business best. Live virtual delivery is fantastic for teams that work remotely or groups based in different locations.
- Throughout training, we will provide support and guidance for participants.
- Following the course, our Director of Training will be in touch to discuss the outcomes and advise on any beneficial further steps available.
Learn More & Get Started
You can learn more about how we deliver this style of training by browsing our in-company page.
Get in touch to find out more about how this would work best for your organisation. You can request a quote below, ask a question online, or call us directly at Freephone 1800 910 810 or Dublin 01 861 0700.Download Brochure Get a Quote
Frequently Asked Questions About Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
“Do I need experience to attend this lean six sigma black belt course?”
Yes, as black belts are advanced lean six sigma practitioners, you do need previous experience and certain pre-existing skills for this programme and qualification.
You can read more about the eligibility requirements in our helpful article, “Six Sigma Black Belt Requirements” or download our course brochure for more details.
If you’re still not sure, a consultation with an experienced member of our team can help. Ask a question below and we will get back to you with guidance on choosing the right course.Ask a Question
“What if I don’t meet the requirements?”
Don’t worry; if you’re new to process improvement, or have little experience there are other excellent options for training and respected certification.
We recommend considering a lean six sigma yellow belt course or a lean six sigma green belt course. Both will kick start your knowledge and capability in this area and have no pre-requisites.
You can read more about this in our article, “Are You New to Lean Six Sigma?”.
“Is it suitable for my sector?”
Yes. The information and techniques taught during this programme are very versatile and can be applied to any working environment.
Our black belt attendees come from a wide range of industries, including finance, retail, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, IT and IT services, semi-state agencies, manufacturing, telecommunications, and many others.
“Who delivers this training?”
Our black belt trainers are of an exceptional standard. They hold internationally respected black belt certifications, along with other, complementary qualifications.
They also contribute knowledge gained from years of real life experience working as consultants and in-house six sigma practitioners in a variety of organisations.
“How long is this course?”
This is a 14-day course, delivered over 5 months. Each month, there is a 2 or 3-day module, followed by a gap of several weeks.
We have found this the most effective and efficient format for an in-depth programme of this nature. It balances intensive, real-time training with time to apply and digest the knowledge between instalments.
“What is included?”
Your course fee includes:
– 14 days of live virtual training
– Course materials (slides, templates, supporting documents)
– SigmaXL software (essential for the course)
– 365-day access to an official ASQ question bank
– Assessment and certification costs for your Professional Development certification
The only additional cost is for your ASQ exam. This fee is paid directly to ASQ when you feel ready to schedule and sit your exam.
“What certification will I gain?”
By successfully completing this programme, you will achieve two awards:
1. A Professional Development Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
2. ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB)
“How do I get certified?”
As there are two qualifications, there are two assessment routes. The great news is that they compliment each other and improve the retention of your knowledge.
To achieve your Professional Development certification, you must complete and submit a business improvement project in the 8 weeks following the last date of the course.
Your ASQ qualification is achieved through an online, proctored exam. You can schedule and sit this exam whenever you feel ready.
Did we miss your question?
If you have a different question – or questions – from those answered here, we would love to answer.
You can contact us online using the “Ask a Question” button below, or call us directly at Freephone 1800 910 810.Ask a Question Get Upcoming Dates
Download your Free Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Course brochure
Download our PDF brochure to learn more about this Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Course. Our brochure includes:
- Detailed course content outline
- Key benefits & objectives
- More information about how we deliver this course
- Guidance on achieving your qualification
We’ll also send you our full course schedule and check in to answer any questions you have.Download Brochure